Scholarship applications will be open from one week before the class start date until the third week of class. After that date, scholarship applications will be closed for that semester. When applying for a scholarship, please ensure that all the information on the application is filled out correctly and that you submit all the applicable forms with the application. If you do not send in all the appropriate forms with your application, then your application will not be processed. If the class you would like to attend has started and your scholarship application has not yet been processed if you would like to still participate in the class, be advised that even though your scholarship is pending you will still have to pay the registration fee and the class fees. If your scholarship is approved after you have already been attending the class, Champions In Motion will not reimburse you for the class fees that you have already paid.
Eligibility & Qualifications
Requirements for Eligibility
- Athlete must be of eligible age to participate in a CIM program.
- Parents/Guardians commit that the athlete will attend a minimum of 95% of all scheduled practices and events.
- Parents/Guardians agree to volunteer 8 hours per scholarship recipient, with a maximum of 20 hours per family, per semester year. Hours will help support CIM related activities and must be completed no later that one month after the sport in which the scholarship was granted has completed.
Please provide all information required to help CIM determine qualifications Scholarship consideration will be given to families that meet the following criteria:
- Provide a copy of your IRS form 1040 from the recent tax year.
- Receive assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. and can provide written documentation of participation in these programs.
- Provide recommendation by school representative, social worker, youth community center workers or other social service representative.
- Provide a written statement of immediate financial hardship explaining the current situation. CIM recognizes that a family may not be receiving formal assistance from the programs mentioned above, yet financial assistance may still be needed to participate in a CIM Program. In these instances, the CIM scholarship committee will consider the financial hardship statement to determine scholarship eligibility. Please provide any supporting documentation that may support the facts in your financial hardship statement.
- Complete the application process and read and sign the Terms and Conditions statement..
- Income documentation (i.e. previous year tax returns, current paystubs)
- Documentation of State or Federal assistance if applicable
- Letter from school, social worker, youth community center worker, or other social services representative
- A short letter stating why your student should be granted a Champions In Motion scholarship
If you are not able to submit your application via our web portal below, you can submit the physical form via Fax or Mail by downloading the PDF below. Print and fill out the application form and send it along with all other documents via:
Champions In Motion Scholarship
PO Box 1470
Graham, NC 27253